I’m from the south. Biscuits are a religion here. These breakfast biscuits were my answer to my family pigging out on biscuits in addition to their meal. I think good food and healthy food can merge, and they do it in this dish. Breakfast biscuits are a one-biscuit meal that is great for a sit-down breakfast, or can be made ahead and served on the go. Molding the little biscuit dough bowls is a great task for the little ones.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. butter
½ tsp. Salt
½-3/4 cup milk
1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. black olives
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Combine flour, ¾ cup cheddar cheese, salt, and baking powder.
3) Mix milk and butter with flour mixture until an evenly textured dough is formed.
4) Beat eggs thoroughly and mix with black olives.
5) Form dough into 8-10 small balls.
6) Place dough balls on silicone baking mat, and press each to form a bowl-like shape.
7) Place 1 teaspoon of egg and olive mixture in each dough bowl.
8) Top with cheddar cheese.
9) Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese and crust brown and egg is completely cooked.