In the mood for a warm, healthy, gluten free treat? In the test kitchen, we were starved and bored of the cold. So we made muffins!
Here’s the Recipe:
1 3/4 cup Gluten free all-purpose baking flour (we used Bob’s Red Mill)
2/3 cup mascabado sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter
2 slightly over-ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1/4 cup almond slivers
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. xantham gum
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Combine butter, sugar, bananas, salt, baking powder, xantham gum, cinnamon, and GF baking flour in mixing bowl. Mix on high until thoroughly incorporated.
3) Mix vanilla and eggs together, and add to flour mixture. Beat together until almost smooth.
4) Add almonds and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
5) Portion mix evenly into 12 ChicoChef silicone cupcake cups.
6) Bake for 30 minutes, or until muffins begin to brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.