Back in June, we promised to post a recipe for caramelized bananas in the near future. Our test kitchen has been preparing batches of these tasty delights since then, and finally settled on the following recipe, for the most scrumptious results.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
2 firm bananas, peeled and cut into ⅛” rounds
1 cup brown or raw sugar
Pinch of sea salt
4 tablespoons of sweet cream butter
½ cup half and half
2 teaspoons vanilla bean scrapings
1) Combine all ingredients except vanilla and bananas in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk together.
2) Continue moving mixture continuously for 6 -7 minutes.
3) Add vanilla, and integrate thoroughly into the mix. Cook for 1 more minute.
4) Add bananas. Cook for 1-2 more minutes.
5) Turn off the heat, and pour caramelized bananas over the dessert of your choice.
That’s as easy as it gets – very little time, almost no prep work, and a delicious dessert for the whole family to enjoy!