This dessert is simply delicious and looks beautiful as well. Choose your favorite berry to sit on the freshly whipped cream. Since puff pastry is not sweet by itself, the cream should be sweetened a little more than you normally would for a whipped topping. Serve with coffee or hot tea as a treat for your family and friends!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 9 Napoleons
1 sheet frozen puff pastry – thawed
1/2 pint whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp powdered vanilla or vanilla extract
1 pint of fresh berries
1) Preheat oven to 400
2) Roll out puff pastry dough to 12″ by 12″ on a lightly floured surface.
3) Gently cut dough sheet into 9 squares and arrange on silicone baking mat
4) Place into 400 degree oven for 10 minutes and remove to wire cooling rack for 10 minutes.
5) While the pastry is baking, beat whipping cream on high until soft peaks form. While beating, gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla. Continue beating till the cream is thick and stands up well.
6) Open the puff pastry, spoon in desired amount of whipped cream and top with your choice of berries. Close the pastry and dust with powdered sugar.