This dish is great for special occasions, or frankly, for any occasion. Succulent shrimp, bathed in fresh tomatoes and basil, is always a treat. The bright colors of the dish appeal to younger palates, too. When I was a kid, my job was to clean and devein the shrimp. It might sound like cruel and unusual punishment, but it actually got me interested in the meal. Try giving your little ones a task to do, too.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings as a meal, 10-15 servings as appetizers
30 medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
2 tbsp. fresh basil
4 tbsp. marinara sauce
2 Roma tomatoes
1) Dice tomatoes.
2) Dice basil.
3) Combine tomatoes with basil and marinara.
4) Place shrimp in sauce to marinade for 1 hour.
5) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6) Place shrimp on baking mat, making sure that an even layer is formed, and all shrimp are visible.
7) Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until all shrimp shells have turned completely pink.