I think nearly everyone has made sugar cookies with their family at some point. I’ve never been a very big fan of the traditional recipe, though. As a result, I twisted it with my chocolate chip cookie recipe and came up with something truly delectable. Hopefully your kids will enjoy it as much as mine do! You can also cut this dough with cookie cutters for shaping, if you want to have some extra fun in the kitchen!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
1 cup raw sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 ¼ tsp. vanilla bean scrapings
1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
1 cup unsalted, sweet cream butter
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a cookie sheet with silicone baking mats.
2) Combine sugar, butter, and vanilla bean scrapings. Blend until smooth.
3) Combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
4) Blend all ingredients, including eggs, together until a smooth consistency is reached.
5) Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown slightly and the centers are cooked.